The Governing Body of AMERICAN PREPARATORY ACADEMY will have a special meeting on Wednesday November 30th at 5:30 pm at 8377 West Patrick Lane, Las Vegas, NV 89113. Below is an agenda of all items scheduled to be considered. Unless otherwise stated, items may be taken out of the order presented on the agenda at the discretion of the chairperson. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate physically handicapped persons desiring to attend the meeting. Please contact APA’s Office at (702) 266-7889 in advance so arrangements can be made. Public comment may be limited to three minutes per person at the discretion of the chairperson.
1. Call to order
2. Pledge of Allegiance/Roll Call
3. Approval of minutes from 10-19-2016 board meeting
4. Public Comments and Discussion – Members of the public are invited to comment on any items on the agenda below. No action will be taken on any items during the public comment period, but may be taken at the appropriate point in the agenda
5. Discussion and possible action: Approval for secondary teachers regarding Nevada Revised Statutes 389.065
6. Discussion and possible action: Audit Report
7. Discussion and possible action: NRS 202.265 Board Consent and Approval based on approved training needs to be an approved site by the board
8. Discussion and possible action: Mod Space Resolution
9. Discussion: APS Update
10. Discussion and possible action: Academic Report Christie Olivieri
11. Consent Agenda items: Information concerning the following consent agenda items has been provided to Board Members for study prior to the meeting. Unless a Board member has a question concerning a particular item and asks that it be withdrawn from the consent list, items are approved through one action. Discussion and possible action: a.) HVAC Maintenance Contract
12. Discussion and possible action: NRS 388A.320(5) payment to eligible members of board
13. Board Comments- Discussion
14. Public Comments- Discussion
This notice and agenda has been posted on APALV’s website and on or before 9am on the third working day before the meeting at the following locations:
1. Spring Valley Library 4280 South Jones Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89103
2. West Charleston Library 6301 W Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 891463.
3. Sahara West Library 9600 W Sahara Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89117
* In Accordance with Section 241.020(2)(c)(2) of the Nevada Revised Statutes, all of the agenda items are subject to action and disposition by the governing board, unless the agenda item specifically indicates otherwise. To promote efficiency and as an accommodation to the parties involved, agenda items may be taken out of order.